EthnoBotany Children’s Peace Garden
Date(s) - 11/03/2018
The EthnoBotany Garden is dedicated to teaching young and old about the role of plants in society today, while also learning the relationship of plants in the local and global indigenous cultures of the past.
The unique organic herb, fruit, and vegetable garden honors the memory of George Washington Carver, and is dedicated to teaching young people about the role of plants in society. Gardening classes are available to schools, youth programs, individuals and families by appointment or on Sundays at 11:30 a.m. The garden also serves the nearly 6,000 students in the 5th Grade Balboa Park Integration Program.
- The first Sustainable, Edible Garden in Balboa Park
- A San Diego Master Gardeners Certified Earth Friendly Garden
- A Registered Urban Plant and Flower Pollinator Habitat
- A Certified Monarch Way Station with the National Wildlife Federation
- A Certified Wildlife Habit with the National Wildlife Federation